Deciding to seek treatment for an addiction is always a stressful time of life. We recognize that when making the life changing decision to overcome addiction, it is essential that you feel confident you are choosing the right treatment program for lasting and successful long-term recovery. Brisas offers a unique approach to treatment, which has allowed people to leave addiction behind and arrive at a place of peace. Below are some of the reasons we believe that our treatment has been so successful.
- Program Customization: Treatment is not a one size fits all solution. Successful recovery involves recognizing and attending to all issues that influence an individual’s addiction such as coexisting disorders, social issues, legal matters, and health problems. Therefore, we carefully customize each person’s treatment taking the whole person and their unique needs into account.
- World Class Expertise: Brisas is run under the general supervision of Medical Director, Dr. Keerthy Sunder. Dr. Sunder is an accomplished physician with extensive experience as a clinician, researcher, administrator, teacher, lecturer and writer of peer review journals. Dr. Sunder is also the author of the international best selling book, Addictions: Face Your Addiction & Change Your Life and he is a recognized expert in the field of addiction recovery. Under Dr. Sunder’s supervision, you’ll find a compassionate team of licensed psychologists, psychiatrists and therapists, all with extensive experience in treating various addictions and co-existing psychological conditions.
- Outpatient Model: Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) allows a person to receive quality treatment, while maintaining their day-to-day family, work, and community responsibilities. This allows them to maintain a sense of normalcy and consistency during treatment, in the context of their current environment. Patients learn to use what they have been taught in the program to successfully manage challenges in their day-to-day lives.
- Relapse Prevention: We incorporate relapse prevention training throughout the program, where people are introduced to techniques and resources to use throughout their long term recovery. Our aftercare and alumni services provide ongoing education and support to avoid potential relapse.
- State of the Art Treatments & Wellness Services: We offer a variety of wellness services to complement the use of traditional addiction therapies. Our use of cutting edge technology, such as neurofeedback, has been proven to promote the recovery process. We incorporate various mindfulness practices such as yoga, tai chi, and meditation so that individuals learn to manage urges, overcome cravings, and reduce anxiety.